Service Name: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS - VETERAN SERVICES/BENEFITS
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
- Description: CalVet strives to ensure that its veterans of every era and their families get the state and federal benefits and services they have earned and deserve as a result of selfless and honorable military service.
Education - Benefits including the Yellow Ribbon Program for disabled or deceased veterans' children; assists veterans in filing claims for benefits from US Veterans Affairs Department; oversees and funds the County Veteran Service Offices program; manages the Medi-Cal Cost Avoidance program. Aggressive outreach provided to those veterans living on the streets and in shelters who would otherwise not seek assistance.
Employment - Offers a variety of employment services and benefits to veterans who are unemployed or seeking employment.
Advocacy/Assistance - Provides counseling and referral services to individuals and their families and offer a complete referral service to provide veterans with information on the entire range of issues associated with veterans' benefits and entitlements.
VA Claims - Works to provide benefits and services to veterans and their families in a responsive, timely and compassionate manner. Provides claims review and representation for appeals services.
Hotline and website for homeless veterans and veterans who are at risk of becoming homeless. Online chat services are available.
CalVet mobile app available for both Android and iPhone devices. Publishes the California Veterans Resource Book.
- Website: http://www.calvet.ca.gov
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): (877) 424-3838, (800) 324-5966, (877) 741-8532, (877) 827-3702, (800) 952-5626
- Hours: Office: Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm;National Call Center for Homeless Veterans: Seven days a week, 24-hours
- Eligibility: Veterans, veteran dependents, and active duty service members.
- Requirements: Proof of service (DD214/discharge documents), proof of service connected disability (depending on what you are applying for). Call for details.
- United States
- Veteran Burial Benefits
- Veteran Survivors Benefits
- Government Information Services
- State Government Agencies/Departments
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits Assistance
- Directory/Resource List Publication
- On the Job Training
- Veteran Education Benefits
- Veteran Benefits Assistance
- Veteran Aid and Attendance Benefits
- Job Search/Placement