Service Name: City of Davis Senior Services - Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)
Organization Name: City of Davis Senior Services
- Description: Trained and State registered volunteer counselors provide assistance with Medicare problems, help with Medicare-related health insurance or long-term care insurance issues, and help with Medicare Part D - Prescription Drug Program.
Provides free, unbiased information, by appointment only, to help clients that are new to Medicare, understand their Medicare rights as a healthcare consumer and assist them in making the best choices to cover their health needs.
Helps challenge denial of payment including filing Medicare grievances and appeals.
Does not sell, endorse, or recommend any specific insurance products. Does not provide a list of physicians accepting Medicare. Speakers are available to provide community education regarding myths and realities of Medicare coverage, changes to Medicare, and how to wisely select health or long-term care insurance.
Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteer Medicare counselors who counsel clients at 38 sites in nine counties.
- Website: https://www.cityofdavis.org/seniorservices
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): 916-376-8915
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Eligibility: Current Medicare beneficiaries or persons about to become eligible for Medicare.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- Yolo United States
- Lisa DeAmicis, Information Assistance Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org