Service Name: CITY OF DAVIS - PARKS and COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT (PCS) - Davis Community Transit (DCT)
Organization Name: COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT - CITY OF DAVIS -PARKS and COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- Description: Provides paratransit service for customers who have a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Disabled customers may be accompanied by a personal attendant at no extra charge when required. One unregistered companion may accompany a certified customer and must pay the 1-way fare. Rides are not prioritized by destination or type of appointment.
Pick-ups & Drop-offs
- Davis Community Transit is an origin to destination service. The driver can help you on and off the bus, but will not enter your home, doctor's offices, etc.
- We may schedule your pick up time up to 60 minutes prior to the time you desire to be at your final drop-off location.
- There is a 20-minute window around your pick-up time. You must be ready 10 minutes before and after your scheduled time.
- Once the bus arrives, it will wait at least three minutes but no longer than five minutes for the customer to come out ready to board the bus.
- Rides may be coordinated with other Yolo County transit services.
- You must call the office to get a ride home when you are ready.
- Wait times can vary depending on how busy it is when you call and where the vehicles are located.
- Round trip rides are scheduled after 5 pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and holidays.
- You must cancel at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- If the customer is not boarding the bus after it has waited three minutes, the bus may leave and the customer will be issued a no-show.
- A pattern of no-shows or late cancellations can result in suspension of service.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times.
- You will be dropped off and picked up where it is accessible.
- We are not an ambulance or cab service. Drivers are not equipped to provide medical care.
- Your ride will be shared with other customers.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking on the bus.
- Violent, disruptive, or illegal conduct will not be tolerated.
- Website: https://www.cityofdavis.org/city-hall/parks-and-community-services/davis-community-transit
- Hours: Phone Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm
- Eligibility: Customers who have a qualifying disability under the ADA that prevents them from using fixed route.
- Requirements: Call for information.
- Davis Yolo United States