Service Name: Public Benefits Assistance
Organization Name: COALITION OF CALIFORNIA WELFARE RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS (CCWRO)
- Description: During coronavirus response period, still offering services. Please call or visit website.
Provides advice, co-counseling, forms-completion assistance, and representation on issues relating to public benefit programs such as CalWORKs, refugee assistance, food stamps, SSI, General Assistance, Medi-Cal, child care, and the welfare employment programs, litigation regarding these programs, and legislative/administrative advocacy.
Offers training to welfare rights groups or interested parties on CalWORKs, General Assistance, food stamps, and welfare. Provides representation of low-income clients in dealings with the welfare department, including representation at administrative hearings when referred by a legal service.
- Website: https://www.ccwro.org
- Phone(s): 916-736-0616
- Hours: Mon 9am - 5pm; Tue 9am - 5pm; Wed 9am - 5pm; Thu 9am - 5pm; Fri 9am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Low-income California residents.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- United States