Service Name: CALIFORNIA EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT - YOUTH EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Description: Provides special services to youth between the ages of 15 and 25 to assist them in achieving their educational and vocational goals. While working with peer advisors, youth clients interact with professional individuals who have similar paths, perspectives, and educational goals by providing referrals to supportive services, workshops, career coaching, employment preparation, and other training and community outreach efforts.
- Website: http://www.edd.ca.gov/jobs_and_training/Youth_Employment_Opportunity_Program.htm
- Phone(s): (877) 872-5627, (916) 227-0301
- Hours: Monday through Friday 9 am - 4 pm
- Eligibility: Eligible youth include individuals, ages 15 through 25, who are at risk of not achieving their educational goals and who are current high school students; college students; high school dropouts; and/or at risk of dropping out from school. In addition, youth who fall under any of the characteristics below may also be found eligible:
. Youthful offender
. Poor literacy skills
. Teen parent
. Limited English skills
. Foster or homeless youth
. Gang member/associate
. Member of a minority group
. Economically disadvantaged
. Youth with a disability
Youth who may not necessarily fit under any criteria above may still be eligible for YEOP services upon assessment by YEOP specialists.
- Requirements: Call for details.
- United States