Service Name: United States Social Security Administration - Field Offices
Organization Name: United States Social Security Administration
- Description: Administers Titles II and XVI of the Social Security Act by processing applications for monthly cash benefits for:
- Retirement benefits to workers over age 62 and eligible dependents (SS).
- Disability Benefits [SSDI (also referred to as SSD)] to workers severely disabled prior to age 65.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the needy aged, blind, and disabled individuals.
- Survivor Benefits to eligible dependents of deceased workers, including a lump-sum payment of $255 to assist with funeral/burial expenses. (limited to a surviving spouse or an entitled child)
- Ticket To Work program helps SS beneficiaries to find work.
- Medicare enrollment applications. (Assistance available to complete application), Online application available at www.socialsecurity.gov/medicare.
- Medicare Handbook available online
- If you suspect you have received a scam call, report details to the Office of the Inspector General at 800-269-0271 or online at https://oig.ssa.gov/report,
NOTE: SSN card services are NOT available at any of the field offices. Clients who have a mySocialSecurity account can replace their lost SSN card online at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
The office locator tool can help you find your closest office.
For the Spanish speaking community, please visit www.ssa.gov/expanol.
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov
- Phone(s): 877-274-5419, , , , , , 866-348-7830, 855-782-9153, 866-708-3208, 866-726-8136
- Hours: Local Offices: Monday through Friday 9 am - 4 pm; National Toll-Free Phone: Monday through Friday 7 am - 7 pm; Automated System: Seven days a week, 24-hours
- Eligibility: Open.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- Placer United States
- Sacramento United States
- El Dorado United States
- San Joaquin United States
- Yolo United States
- Older Adults
- Medicare Beneficiaries
- Social Security Fraud Reporting
- Certificates/Forms Assistance
- SSI Applications
- Social Security Burial Benefits
- Social Security Disability Insurance Applications
- Job Finding Assistance
- Social Security Survivors Insurance
- Ticket to Work/Self Sufficiency Program
- Medicare Enrollment
- Social Security Retirement Benefits
- Wanda Gonzales, Public Affairs Specialist