Service Name: STATE UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE APPLICATIONS
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA STATE EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Description: Administers unemployment insurance benefit payments; payments are made directly to the individual ensure that at least some of life's necessities such as food, shelter and clothing can be met while looking for work. Payments are made directly to the unemployed individual. Website gives detailed information on eligibility, applying, and what happens after claim is filed. Applications available on-line, at local career centers, or apply by phone.
- Website: https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/
- Phone(s): (800) 300-5616
- Hours: Phone: Monday-Friday, 8-noon; Self-service information line: 24 hours daily (closed for CA state holidays)
- Eligibility: California resident who has received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim, is totally or partially unemployed, unemployed through no fault of his/her own, be physically able to work, be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work, be actively looking for work, meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed and be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.
- Requirements: Social security number; last employer's name, address, telephone number, and last date worked, the specific reason you are no longer working; your citizenship status, and if applicable, your alien registration number, driver's license number or State ID number
- United States