Service Name: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES - PUBLIC ASSISTANCE
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
- Description: Supervises the administration of financial aid (Cash assistance) and CalFresh (formerly known as food stamps) benefits for eligible low-income California families. Handles inquiries, complaints, and state hearing requests for public assistance programs.
Also responsible for State supervision of:CDSS Information Resources Guide
- Website: https://www.cdss.ca.gov/benefits-services
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone(s): (800) 743-8525, (800) 952-5253, (800) 952-8349, (855) 795-0634, (916) 651-8848
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm
- Eligibility: If you have applied for, have received, or are currently receiving benefits/services from an assistance program listed above and you receive a Notice of Action from a County or a letter from Covered California denying or reducing your benefits, or you turned in an application or other information and the county or Covered California did not act on it, you can ask for a State Hearing.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- United States
- State Government Complaints/Ombudsman Offices
- General Relief Appeals/Complaints
- Refugee/Entrant Cash Assistance Appeals/Complaints
- TANF Appeals/Complaints
- In Home Supportive Services Appeals/Complaints
- Food Stamps/SNAP Appeals/Complaints
- State Government Agencies/Departments
- State Government Information Services
- Public Assistance Issues