Service Name: YOLO COUNTY HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY - MEDI-CAL
Organization Name: YOLO COUNTY HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
- Description: Provides health care coverage for low-income families and individuals who lack other health insurance and meet specific program requirements. Under the Affordable Care Act, Medi-Cal was expanded to include adults, between the ages of 19 and 65, who meet other eligibility requirements and have income under 138% of the federal poverty level. Apply for Medi-Cal online at www.mybenefitscalwin.org, in person, by phone, or by mail.
To locate a doctor or dentist that accepts Medi-Cal, go online and use the Find a Doctor or Dentist tool or view the Providers and Plans.
Medicare Savings Programs, including Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) and Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) are assistance programs for people who qualify for Medicare and meet certain income and resource (or asset) limits. The QMB program pays the Medicare Part A and Part B premiums, Medicare deductibles and cost-sharing amounts for services covered by Medicare. SLMB program covers Medicare part B premium and additional health expenses for Medi-Cal beneficiaries.
Medi-Cal provides health benefits, including doctor visits, hospital care, immunization, pregnancy-related services and nursing home care. The Affordable Care Act ensures all Medi-Cal health plans offer what are known as Essential Health Benefits (EHB). The comprehensive services include the following categories:
1. Outpatient (Ambulatory) services
2. Emergency services
4. Maternity and Newborn care
5. Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services
6. Prescription Drugs
7. Programs such as physical and occupational therapy (known as Rehabilitative & Habilitative Services) and devices
8. Laboratory services
9. Preventive and wellness services & chronic disease management
10. Children's (Pediatric) services, including oral and vision care.
- Website: https://www.yolocounty.org/health-human-services/welfare/medi-cal
- Phone(s): (530) 406-4444, (530) 661-2750, (855) 278-1594, (866) 226-5415, (916) 375-6200
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Eligibility: Low-income household at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Requirements: Call for information.
- Yolo United States