Service Name: United States Social Security Administration - Field Offices
Organization Name: United States Social Security Administration
- Description: Administers Titles II and XVI of the Social Security Act by processing applications for monthly cash benefits for:
- Retirement benefits to workers over age 62 and eligible dependents (SS).
- Disability Benefits [SSDI (also referred to as SSD)] to workers severely disabled prior to age 65.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the needy aged, blind, and disabled individuals.
- Survivor Benefits to eligible dependents of deceased workers, including a lump-sum payment of $255 to assist with funeral/burial expenses. (limited to a surviving spouse or an entitled child)
- Ticket To Work program helps SS beneficiaries to find work.
- Medicare enrollment applications. (Assistance available to complete application), Online application available at www.socialsecurity.gov/medicareonly
- Medicare Handbook available online
NOTE: Card services are NOT available at any of the field offices. Clients need to fill out the Application for a Social Security Card (Form SS-5).
The office locator tool can help you find your closest office.
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov
- Hours: Local Offices: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9 am - 4 pm; Wednesday 9 am to Noon;National Toll-Free Phone: Monday through Friday 7 am - 7 pm; Automated System: Seven days a week, 24-hours
- Eligibility: Open.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- Placer United States
- San Joaquin United States
- El Dorado United States
- Yolo United States
- Eric Phillips, Public Affairs Specialist