Service Name: One Step Center (OSC)
Organization Name: ONE STEP A LA VEZ
- Description: COVID-19 Status: Center is closed until further notice. If trying to reach a staff member, can call main number 805-625-7067.
Provides an after-school site for homework, tutoring, snacks, and classes. Also offers youth advocacy groups to improve the local communities. Offers a strength-based program with the following components:
Teen leadership program- offers leadership training activities. This includes meeting management, children's rights, and public speaking.
Teen wellness drop-in center -Offers five programs for youth and parents. Services include:
- Classes on life skills
- College/career support
- Social justice committees, the transportation committee
- Food distribution to low-income families
- Mentorship for interested youth.
Teen LGBTQ support group that meets once a week to discuss all issues related to their community.
- Website: https://www.myonestep.org
- Phone(s): 805-625-7066
- Hours: Mon 1pm - 7pm; Tue 1pm - 7pm; Wed 1pm - 7pm; Thu 1pm - 7pm; Fri 1pm - 7pm; LGBTQ support group meets weekly on Wednesdays from 7pm-8:30pm.DV Support group meets weekly Tuesdays 10am-noon.Stress and Wellness group meets weekly Thursdays 7pm-9pm.
- Eligibility: Youth ages 13-19 years old in Santa Paula, Fillmore or Piru
- Requirements: Membership application must be completed and signed by parent or guardian if under the age of 18 or by self if youth is legally an adult.
- Fillmore Ventura United States
- Piru Ventura United States
- Santa Paula Ventura United States
- Kate English, Executive Director