Service Name: Independent Living Services (Regional Center)
Organization Name: CHANNEL ISLANDS SOCIAL SERVICES
- Description: During Coronavirus response period, virtual and in-person options are available. Call for assistance.
Provides an individualized independent living skills curriculum that covers each person's interests. Offers up to 20 hours a week of training that can focus on the following topics:
- Home and community safety
- Personal hygiene and attire
- Relationship building
- Cleaning and home maintenance
- Health and exercise
- Money management
- Menu planning and nutrition
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Accessing public transportation
- Independent recreation and hobbies
- Self advocacy and managing staff
- Accessing community resources
- Personal goal setting and scheduling
- Apartment and roommate selection
- Pet care and service animals
- Soft skills for jobs and volunteering
- College planning
- Parenting skills
- Website: https://www.IslandSocialServices.org
- Phone(s): (805) 384-0983
- Hours: Call for appointment.
- Eligibility: Must have completed high school or Post Secondary Program.
- Requirements: Individualized forms to be completed by each family, in-home or virtual intake performed by CISS prior to services delivered.
- Ventura United States
- John Francis, MSW, Program Manager