Service Name: County Recorder
Organization Name: COUNTY OF VENTURA
- Description: COVID-19 Status: County government center is closed until the end of May. The following has been implemented:
- All of the department's offices (Ventura and Thousand Oaks East County office) are closed.
- All Marriage Services (licenses and ceremonies) are suspended until further notice, no exceptions.
- All over-the-counter Document Recording Services are suspended until further notice.
- All recordings may be submitted electronically or via mail.
- Attorney service document recording drop-offs and pick-ups are suspended until further notice.
The services listed below are still available online or by mail. No over-the-counter service will be available until further notice.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, Vitalcheck.com)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail)
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalcheck.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail) Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee - postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
Provides the following services:
- Responsible for the recording of deeds, deeds of trust, court decrees, and other documents affecting title to real property in Ventura County.
- Also maintains Uniform Commercial Code filings, subdivision maps, and vital statistics, including births, deaths, divorces and marriages within the county.
- Creates and maintains digital images of real property and vital records in a retrieval system available to the public.
- Website: http://www.ventura.org/residents/certificates-registration-records
- Email: Veronica.Gonzalez@ventura.org
- Phone(s): 805-449-2157
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Open to all
- Requirements: photo ID
- Ventura United States