Service Name: Elderhelp Program (EHP)
Organization Name: VENTURA COUNTY AREA AGENCY ON AGING (VCAAA)
- Description: During Coronavirus response period, Centers are closed. Services are still being offered by phone. Call for assistance.
Provides free short-term assistance to frail seniors to maintain their independence at home. Support services can include:
- Personal care
- Bathroom safety equipment
- Light routine household support
- Basic needs assistance (e.g. food box)
- Website: http://vcaaa.org/
- Phone(s): 805-477-7300
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Must be a frail senior 60 years of age or older. Frail seniors are those who require help with daily living activities such as bathing, housework, shopping, managing medications, etc.
Must be living at home without support from friends or family.
Seniors living in assisted living facilities, nursing homes, or retirement communities are ineligible for some services. Senior living in assisted living facilities qualify for transportation services. For transportation tickets, must be ADA certified if under 60 years of age.
- Requirements: Referral from social service agency ADA Certification card is required if under 60 years of age.
- Ventura United States
- Jason Sagar, Transportation Coordinator