Service Name: ASSESSOR-RECORDER
Organization Name: LAKE COUNTY ASSESSOR-RECORDER
- Description: COVID-19 update (3/5/21): As of 1/21/2021 the Assessor-Recorder's Office will be closed to the public. Services are temporarily available by phone and mail only.
Assessor is responsible for:
- Locating all taxable property within Lake County.
- Identify the person who owns, claims, possesses, or controls property on the Lien Date.
- Establish the assessed value of all taxable property in accordance with the law.
Recorder is responsible for:
- Recording of deeds, deeds of trust, court decrees, and other documents pertaining to real property in Lake County.
- Maintains all permanent records and indexes of the county's official records. Records are available to the public during business hours.
- Registrar of births, death, and marriage records within the county.
- Website: https://lakecountyca.gov
- Phone(s): (707) 263-2293, (707) 263-2302
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Open to all Lake County residents
Must be authorized by law to receive a copy of a birth, death, marriage, or divorce certificate
- Requirements: Valid ID Complete application Mailed applications for certificates MUST be notarized