Service Name: Child and Elder Abuse Reporting
Organization Name: LASSEN COUNTY HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES (HHS), COMMUNITY SOCIAL SERVICES
- Description: Offers a 24/7 child and elder abuse hotline. Responds to reports of physical or emotional abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation. Provides safety and protection for children and elders who are at risk of or are suffering abuse.
Child abuse is defined by California law as:
- Non-accidental physical injury of a child
- Sexual abuse or exploitation of a child
- Willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment of a child
- Neglect of a child, including failure to provide adequate food, clothing, shelter, medical care or supervision.
- Website: https://www.lassencounty.org/dept/community-social-services/community-social-services
- Phone(s): 530-251-8158
- Hours: Child and Elder Abuse Hotline: 24/7
- Eligibility: Suspected abuse must be related to children under the age of 18.
- Requirements: None
- Lassen United States