Service Name: West Nile Virus Surveillance Program
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH (CDPH)
- Description: Accepts reports of dead birds through both a hotline and online. The spread of the West Nile Virus is tracked in California by testing dead birds for the virus and other related data. Callers are provided with:
- Disposal instructions for dead birds
- Arrangement for the pick-up of the dead birds
- Contact information for mosquito abatement.
- Website: https://www.westnile.ca.gov
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone(s): 877-968-2473, 510-412-6255
- Hours: Mon-Sun 8:30am-5pm(May through September only). Rest of the year only weekdays.
- Eligibility: Open to all
- Requirements: None
- United States
- Leslie Foss, West Nile virus Dead Bird Coordinator, email@example.com