Service Name: LICENSE AND REVENUE
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE (CDFW)
- Description: During coronavirus response period, temporarily closing its high public use areas, including visitor centers and license counters, to help slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Before heading to a CDFW facility, contact the regional headquarters office to determine if that facility is open. Please call or visit website.
Administers licenses, permits, stamps and tags consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements. Also administers licenses and tags for:
- Specialized fish
- Wildlife-related activities
- Permits for commercial fishing
- Low-income seniors
- Disabled veterans
- Recovering service member
Sport fishing licenses are offered free to low income Native Americans and to individuals that are developmentally disabled, mobility impaired, or blind, available at CDFW offices only. Offers CALTIP phone line to report wildlife crimes. CalTIP (Californians Turn In Poachers and Polluters) is a confidential secret witness program that encourages the public to provide CDFW with factual information leading to the arrest of poachers and polluters. Payable grant funds awarded to various entities for projects that sustain, restore, and enhance California's fish, wildlife, plants, and their habitats.
- Website: https://www.wildlife.ca.gov
- Email: LRB@wildlife.ca.gov
- Phone(s): (800) 565-1458, (888) 334-2258, (916) 928-5805
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Open to all
- Requirements: Photo ID.
- United States