Service Name: Home Ownership
Organization Name: PEOPLE'S SELF-HELP HOUSING
- Description: Assists families in the construction of their new house and reduces the cost at the same time. Groups of ten families work together under the agency's supervision to build one another's houses.
Families lower home building costs by contributing a minimum of 1,600 hours of construction labor per family. This sweat equity is used in lieu of a cash down payment.
- Website: https://www.pshhc.org
- Phone(s): (805) 781-3088
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: -Must have an annual income of at least $40,000.
-Must have good credit and rental history
-Borrower must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
-Must commit to working 40+ hours a week on building home
-Must meet Maximum Income Limits
Maximum Income Limits:
* 1-4 person household - $71,850
* 5 or more person household - $94,850
- Requirements: -Proof of citizenship-Proof of income
- Santa Barbara United States
- Sheryl Flores, VP Homeownership