Service Name: School-Based Mentor Program
Organization Name: COUNCIL ON ALCOHOLISM AND DRUG ABUSE (CADA)
- Description: COVID-19 Update: Offices are closed. Counselors are available via phone or video conferencing for current and new clients. Call or email to make an appointment. Visit https://cadasb.org/covid-19-services-update/ for all updates on services.
Matches at-risk youth with an adult volunteer mentor who offers academic and emotional support. Mentor and mentees commit to meet weekly for a minimum of an hour for one school year. Mentors receive ongoing support and training, and families are included in events.
The program is designed to help youth build a foundation of basic values, life-skills, and resilience. The program is available to youth experiencing:
- Academic difficulties
- Behavioral challenges
- Family trauma
- Absence of a significant adult role model
- Website: https://www.cadasb.org
- Phone(s): 805-963-1433
- Hours: Varies by mentorship.
- Eligibility: Must be an at risk youth in 4th- 8th grade
- Requirements: Call for information
- Santa Barbara United States