Service Name: CHILD WELFARE SERVICES
Organization Name: SANTA BARBARA COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (DSS)
- Description: COVID-19 Update: COVID-19 Update: All services are available, however reception areas are closed. Clients are asked to use the phones in the lobby to call reception to be linked with a staff member. They will be seen in person as needed using social distancing and measures to prevent spread of the disease. All online services are available here.
Assesses and investigates reports of child abuse or neglect. Provides safety and protection for children who are at risk of, or are being abused, neglected, or exploited. Offers voluntary or court-ordered services to families to ensure child safety in the home and to strengthen the family. Arranges placements and services for children for whom a safe return home is not possible.
Child abuse is defined by California law as:
- Non-accidental physical injury of a child
- Sexual abuse or exploitation of a child
- Willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment of a child
- Neglect of a child, including failure to provide adequate food, clothing, shelter, medical care, or supervision
- Website: https://cosb.countyofsb.org/social_services
- Email: A.Krueger@sbcsocialserv.org
- Phone(s): (800) 367-0166, (805) 346-7127, (805) 346-8351, (805) 681-4402, (805) 681-4551, (805) 737-6065
- Hours: Mon 8am - 4pm; Tue 8am - 4pm; Wed 8am - 4pm; Thu 8am - 4pm; Fri 8am - 4pm;
- Eligibility: Any suspected abuse or neglect related to children under 18 years of age.
- Requirements: None
- Santa Barbara United States
- Amy Krueger, Deputy Director, Adult & Children Services, A.Krueger@sbcsocialserv.org