Service Name: PANDEMIC EBT (P-EBT)
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (CDSS)
- Description: Provides additional food benefits to make up for free or reduced-price meals usually serviced at child care or school that children may have missed because of the pandemic. Benefits do not replace the child nutrition meals, CalFresh, or WIC programs. P-EBT cards can be used the same way at the EBT cards.
Families can get up to $123 for each eligible child who lives in a county where at least one school is offering distance learning. And $68 for each eligible child who lives in a county where at least one school is offering hybrid learning. If all schools in the county open for in-person learning, young children living in that county are not eligible for P-EBT.
A card will be mailed out to each child approved begining July 2021 through November 2021. Do not through away card as it will be reloaded with additional benefits.
- Website: https://capandemic-ebt.org/
- Email: PandemicEBT@cdss.ca.gov
- Phone(s): (877) 328-9677
- Hours: Website available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a yearCA P-EBT Helpline available Monday-Friday 6am-8pm
- Eligibility: Children whose school was closed due to COVID-19 and receive CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits and/or are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals.
Pandemic EBT 2.0 (P-EBT 2.0):
. Young children are eligible for P-EBT 2.0 if between October 1, 2020, and May 31, 2021, they were:
-Age 0-6 years old; and
-Part of a household getting CalFresh food benefits; and
-Living in a county where at least one school facility was closed or limiting in-person instruction.
.School aged children are eligible for P-EBT 2.0 if they were:
-Enrolled at a school for school year 2020-21 that participated in the federal School Breakfast Program or National School Lunch Program; and
-Eligible to get free or reduced-price meals for school year 2020-21; and
-Assumed to have attended school via all distance learning or a hybrid learning at least some days of the week during school year 2020-21.
- Requirements: Check online at www.cdss.ca.gov/pandemic-ebt
- United States