Service Name: Recorder/Clerk, El Centro
Organization Name: Clerk and Recorder Office, County of Imperial
- Description: Ensures the accepting and recording of legal documents required by law upon payment of proper fees and taxes. Records and provides copies of official records, issues marriage licenses, provides copies of vital records (birth, marriage, death within Imperial County), performs weddings, acts as a registry of notary public, registers process servers and photocopiers, and files powers of attorney and unlawful detainer assistant applications. Fictitious Business Names can be filed in all offices.
- Website: https://www.co.imperial.ca.us/Recorder/index.asp
- Phone(s): (760) 482-4272
- Hours: 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday
- Eligibility: Marriage Certificates:To receive marriage certificate, both parties must be 18 years and older (those younger than 18 must contact the Juvenile Court first).Birth or Death Certificates:Only authorized individuals may receive certified copies of birth or death certificates. Authorized individuals include parents or legal guardians, children, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, spouses, or domestic partners of registrants. In order to receive certified copies, individuals must complete and sign a sworn statement included with birth or death certificate application form (for mailed requests, the sworn statement must be notarized). Individuals not authorized will receive a certified informational copy.As of July 1, 2015, a homeless person, child or youth born in San Diego county with an affidavit from a homeless services provider (pursuant to Health and Safety Code (HSC) Section 103577(d)(3), is responsible for making the determination on who is considered homeless) may request a fee exempt (free) certificate copy of a Certificate of live birth.
- Requirements: Call for details/more information
- EL CENTRO Imperial County United States