Service Name: Sacramento County - Legal Services of Northern California
Organization Name: Legal Services of Northern California
- Description: Note: Please check program website or call program for COVID-19 restrictions
Free legal services to low-income eligible clients in civil law matters such as housing, health, welfare, Social Security, landlord/tenant rights, unemployment, discrimination, grandparent rights, and education. Does not represent landlords in disputes with tenants. Assistance is given with 3-day notices and other types of eviction notices. Most services delivered through self-help counseling. No legal service offered via the internet; website is informational only. See also www.lsnc.info.
Assistance with Unlawful Detainer cases has been reduced. Access to these services will be on a walk-in, first-come-first-served basis each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday beginning at 8:30 am until the daily list is filled. Clients may also call at 8:30 am to receive assistance. Clients can also electronically file eviction (unlawful detainer) Answers and Proofs of Service online at this website.
Note on SSI Cases - Legal Services of Northern California can only assist with SSI cases pertaining to overpayments.
- Website: https://www.lsnc.net
- Phone(s): (866) 815-5990, (916) 551-2150, (916) 551-2196
- Hours: Office: Monday through Friday 8:30 am - Noon, 1 - 5 pm;Walk-in: First-come-first-served basis each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 am - until the daily list is filled (Recommended to arrive by 8:15 am)Telephone: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 am - noon, 1 - 5 pm or until the daily list is filled (Usually fills by 9 am)If you are unable to make phone or in-person appointments during the day due to work, school, disability, or another similar reason, please call LSNC's evening intake line any time to leave a message, and someone will return your call within one to two business days. A request for help with an open case or an eviction that was filed in court (unlawful detainer) must go through your local office during the day.
- Eligibility: Serves low-income clients in Sacramento County.
Does not represent landlords in disputes with tenants. Landlords will be directed to other resources.
- Requirements: Vary - call for details.
- Sacramento United States
- State Unemployment Insurance Appeals/Complaints
- Paralegal Counseling
- Legal Counseling
- Housing Discrimination Assistance
- Welfare Rights Assistance
- Legal Representation
- Self Representation Assistance
- Employment Discrimination Assistance
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits Assistance
- Elder Law
- Grandparent Rights
- Housing Complaints
- General Legal Aid
- General Crime Victim Assistance
- Landlord/Tenant Dispute Resolution
- Eviction Prevention Legal Assistance
- Vicky Roe, Office Manager