Service Name: CALIFORNIA SECRETARY OF STATE - SAFE AT HOME
Organization Name: CALIFORNIA SECRETARY OF STATE
- Description: Safe at Home offers victims of domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, human trafficking & elder and dependent abuse, as well as reproductive health care workers, a substitute mailing address to receive first class, certified, and registered mail. This substitute mailing address is accepted by California state, county, and city government agencies instead of a residential or other mailing address where a victim can be tracked down, keeping the residence address confidential and out of the hands of someone who might want to harm the victim. Program is provided free of charge to California residents who qualify as participants.
Local Health Officers and other public health officials that have been subject to threats and other harassment during the COVID-19 pandemic are also eligible for the Safe at Home program.
Eligible applicants must enroll at a Safe at Home designated enrolling agency. Click here to locate a designated enrolling agency.
- Website: https://www.sos.ca.gov/registries/safe-home/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): (877) 322-5227, (916) 651-1304, (916) 653-7625
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am - noon, 1 - 5 pm, excluding state holidays
- Eligibility: An eligible applicant is:
-A victim of domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, or human trafficking
-A household member of a victim
-A reproductive health care facility employee, provider, patient, or volunteer
-Local Health Officers and other public health officials that have been subject to threats and other harassment during the COVID-19 pandemic
AND is in fear for his or her own safety or the safety of a minor child or incapacitated adult.
Applicant must reside in California and must be an adult applying on behalf of him/herself/themself, or be a guardian/conservator acting on behalf of a minor child or an incapacitated adult.
- Requirements: -Enrollment application form (must be completed with an application assistant at an enrolling agency)-Proof of residence address-Copies of any Custody, Visitation, Restraining, or No Contact orders related to minor children or a Declaration Confirming Court Orders Form if copies are unavailable (if applicable)
- United States