Service Name: United States Social Security Administration - Field Offices
Organization Name: United States Social Security Administration
- Description: Administers Titles II and XVI of the Social Security Act by processing applications for monthly cash benefits for:
- Retirement benefits to workers over age 62 and eligible dependents (SS).
- Disability Benefits [SSDI (also referred to as SSD)] to workers severely disabled prior to age 65.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the needy aged, blind, and disabled individuals.
- Survivor Benefits to eligible dependents of deceased workers, including a lump-sum payment of $255 to assist with funeral/burial expenses. (limited to a surviving spouse or an entitled child)
- Medicare enrollment applications. (Assistance available to complete application), The online application is available at www.socialsecurity.gov/medicare.
- Medicare Handbook available online
- If you suspect you have received a scam call, report details to the Office of the Inspector General at 800-269-0271 or online at https://oig.ssa.gov/report,
SSN card services are available at any of the field offices by telephone or clients can create a mySocialSecurity account which provides you online access to these free services:
- Request a replacement Social Security card
- Request a replacement Medicare card (red, white, and blue card)
- Get a Social Security 1099 or 1042 form
- Get a proof of income letter, and more
The office locator tool can help you find your closest office.
For the Spanish-speaking community, please visit www.ssa.gov/expanol.
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov
- Phone(s): (800) 325-0778, (800) 772-1213, (866) 968-7842, (877) 274-5419, (916) 381-9419, (800) 269-0271, (800) 325-0778, (800) 772-1213, (855) 782-9153, (866) 968-7842, (800) 325-0778, (800) 325-0778, (800) 772-1213, (866) 348-7830, (866) 968-7842, (800) 325-0778, (800) 772-1213, (833) 940-2009, (866) 708-3208, (866) 968-7842, (800) 325-0778, (800) 772-1213, (866) 726-8136, (866) 968-7842, (916) 373-1116
- Hours: Local Offices: Monday through Friday 9 am - 4 pm; National Toll-Free Phone: Monday through Friday 7 am - 7 pm; Automated System: Seven days a week, 24-hours
- Eligibility: Open.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- San Joaquin United States
- Placer United States
- Sacramento United States
- El Dorado United States
- Yolo United States
- Wanda Gonzales, Public Affairs Specialist