Service Name: Health and Wellbeing Program - Lao Family Development, Inc.
Organization Name: Lao Family Community Development, Inc.
- Description: The HWB program strengthens Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern families by improving the mental, emotional, and family relationship health. This program uses culturally appropriate and best practices to:
- Address mental health needs and promote wellbeing.
- Increase awareness and navigation of community-based, private and public resources for timely access to mental health services including urgent mental health needs of the uninsured.
- Reduce stigma associated with mental health and wellness through engagement and peer support among diverse community's health and its system in Sacramento County.
- Resource and Referral Assitance - Provide appropriate referral services with local agencies including: crisis support, sounseling, legal advice, and emergency mental health services.
- Community Outreach and Advocacy - Public awareness is raised in spaces that will reach targeted. communities
- Cultural Competent Case Management - Individualized services are based on client needs. Staff are able to meet those needs with cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Informative Workshops - All workshops are geared towards providing individuals with information about mental health resources such as clinical counseling or healthcare enrollment options; tools to cope with mental health challenges; support with accessing mental health; and etc
- Peer Support Groups - Peer led; non-clinical counseling
- Social Gatherings - Events that bring the community together to raise awareness about mental health, reduce the stigma, and increase the acceptance.
- Website: https://www.lfcd.org
- Phone(s): 916-393-7501, 916-393-7501
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Eligibility: Priority is given to those who identify as Southeast Asian or Middle Eastern, but all are welcomed.
- Requirements: Call for details.
- Sacramento United States
- Meng Thao, Program Counselor