Service Name: RYDEFREERT - SACRAMENTO REGIONAL TRANSIT DISTRICT
Organization Name: SACRAMENTO REGIONAL TRANSIT DISTRICT
- Description: Offers fare-free transit for youth and students in grades TK through 12. With RydeFreeRT, youth can ride the entire SacRT transit network, including SacRT buses, light rail, and SmaRT Ride on-demand micro-transit service for free.
Find your school and your bus route
If your school district or school isn't listed, there is no SacRT service to your school. But you can still use your RydeFreeRT card with a sticker to go to the movies, visit the mall, check out a museum, or head to the park.
- Website: https://www.rydefreeRT.com
- Phone(s): (916) 321-2877
- Hours: Buses operate daily from 5 am to 11 pm every 12 to 60 minutes, depending on the route;Light rail trains begin operation at 4 am with service every 15 minutes during the day (Monday through Friday) and every 30 minutes in the evening and weekends. Blue Line and Gold Line train operate until midnight on weekdays and 10:30 pm on weekends. Green Line train only operates Monday through Friday;
- Eligibility: Youth in grades Transitional Kindergarten through grade 12 who live or attend school within SacRT's service area, which includes the cities of Sacramento, Elk Grove, Folsom, Citrus Heights, and Rancho Cordova and parts of Sacramento County. This program will also include youth experiencing homelessness and foster youth regardless of current residence or school address.
Note: The RydeFreeRT program does not apply to those over 18 years old that are pursuing their GED.
- Requirements: No documents required.
- Sacramento United States
- Devra Selenis, Chief Communications Officer