Service Name: Sacramento County Public Health Division - Immunization Assistance Program
Organization Name: Sacramento County Department of Health Services - Public Health Division
- Description: Provides information about immunizations and immunization services available to children and adults in Sacramento County.
- Refers clients to immunization resources in their area
- Provides consultation services to parents, community-based organizations, medical providers, daycare providers, and schools regarding immunizations and applicable immunization laws
- Conducts flu vaccine clinics each fall for all age groups according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's recommendations
- Houses the Perinatal Hepatitis B Outreach Program where women who are pregnant and living with hepatitis B can receive assistance in protecting their families from the virus
- Provides state-supplied vaccines during vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks as directed by the California Department of Public Health
- Find a clinic near you with the Health Map Vaccine Finder
- Find a free Flu Clinic 2020.
Childhood immunizations offered year-round. For details on required vaccines including schedule and number of doses visit www.shotsforschool.org
- Website: https://www.dhs.saccounty.net/PUB/Pages/Immunization-Assistance-Program/Immunization-Assistance-Program-(IAP).aspx
- Phone(s): (916) 854-9611, (916) 875-7468
- Hours: Office: Monday through Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm;Immunization Clinic: Appointment Required - Friday 1 - 4 pm (Year Round) Flu Shots: Given during clinics in the fall only (October-December)
- Eligibility: Children 0 to 18 years old may qualify for low-cost immunizations if they meet one of the following criteria:
. The child is uninsured
. The child has Medi-Cal or is Medi-Cal eligible
. The child is an Alaskan Native or American Indian
. Certain groups are eligible for specific Advisory Council for Immunization Practices (ACIP) vaccines when they are adults without insurance or under-insured children (insurance does not cover all ACIP recommended vaccines)
Others who do not fall into the categories listed above or those seeking travel or routine immunizations may telephone for private immunization provider's contact information.
- Requirements: None.
- Sacramento United States
- Katherine McAuley, Senior Health Program Coordinator