Service Name: Senior Activities & Services - Southgate Recreation and Park District
Organization Name: Southgate Recreation & Park District
- Description: Activities and classes for seniors living in South Sacramento. Services include:
Senior Lunch Program
Meals on Wheels by Asian Community Center program serves hot lunches at the Fruitridge Community Center. Meals are available by reservation only.
Southgate Sunshine Club
Daily activities, social interaction, and a hot meal provided by Meals on Wheels by ACC. All activities take place at the Fruitridge Community Center.
The Fruitridge Over 50 Club
Meets each Friday 1 - 3 pm at the Fruitridge Community Center. Weekly meetings include an update of recent and upcoming activities, including birthday celebrations, white elephant raffles, entertainment, and potlucks. After the business meetings, games are played. All over 50 years of age are encouraged to come and join.
AARP Driver Safety Program
Students learn defensive driving techniques, new traffic laws and rules of the road. Taught to safely adjust their driving to compensate for age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time. Call for dates and location.
Low-impact aerobics program designed specifically for anyone 50 years of age and older at Jose Rizal Community Center.
Free Health Screenings and Educational Presentations
Free presentations by community groups and agencies intended to promote quality of life, independent living, and education for seniors. Call for availability.
Southgate Sewing Group.
Participants should bring their own supplies, sewing machines, and current or unfinished products to work on.
- Website: https://www.southgaterecandpark.net/recreation/senior-activities-aamp-services
- Phone(s): 916-422-7610, 916-422-7610
- Hours: Senior Activities & Services: Monday through Friday 9 am - 2 pm;Senior Lunch Program at Fruitridge Community Center: Monday through Friday 11:45 am. Reservations are due by Noon each Monday for meals being served the following week.
- Eligibility: Most programs: Seniors 50 and older;
Senior Lunch Program: 60 and older
- Requirements: None.
- Sacramento United States
- Angelica Rodriguez, Recreation Supervisor