Service Name: SACRAMENTO COUNTY PRIMARY HEALTH SERVICES - WOMEN, INFANTS, AND CHILDREN PROGRAM (WIC)
Organization Name: SACRAMENTO COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES - PRIMARY HEALTH SERVICES
- Description: Food benefits for low-income pregnant or breastfeeding mothers and for children up to the age of 5 years. Nutritional education to these individuals and their families. Clinic sites throughout Sacramento County. Extensive information and breastfeeding support services available including a lactation specialist and loan of a breast pump, if indicated. Peer counseling program available for breastfeeding. Mother's support groups available. View the income eligibility chart.
Visit this website for a list of authorized WIC grocers/vendors.
WIC app provides lists of nearby WIC locations, shopping guide, list of stores to use WIC Checks, referrals to community resources and access breastfeeding support. Available on apple and android phones.
- Website: https://www.dhs.saccounty.net/PRI/WIC/Pages/Women-Infants-and-Children-Home.aspx
- Email: WIC@SacCounty.net
- Phone(s): (916) 875-2120, (916) 875-2121, (916) 875-2154, (916) 876-5000
- Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:05 am - 12:30 pm, 1 - 5:30 pm; Friday 8:05 am - 4:30 pm.
- Eligibility: Low-income women who are pregnant now or within the last six months and children from birth up to age 5.
(Migrant farm workers, dads, foster parents, grandparents, and other caregivers who are in one or more of the categories listed above are welcome to apply.)??
. To qualify for WIC, you must meet income guidelines. ?
. If you receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKS, or CalFresh (Food Stamps), you could meet the income eligibility for WIC.?
. U.S. citizenship is not a requirement for receiving WIC. The non-cash benefits provided by WIC do not affect immigration status.
- Requirements: Proof of address and proof of income.
- Sacramento United States
- Food Vouchers
- Formula/Baby Food
- Health Care Referrals
- Nutrition Education
- Breast Pumps
- Breastfeeding Support Programs
- Parenting Helplines
- Parenting Materials
- Parenting Skills Classes
- Parent Support Groups
- Peer Counseling
- Mobile Apps
- Specialized Information and Referral
- Breastfeeding Women
- Families With Children
- Families With Infants/Toddlers