Service Name: SACRAMENTO COUNTY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES - EMERGENCY RESPONSE UNIT
Organization Name: SACRAMENTO COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF CHILD, FAMILY AND ADULT SERVICES - CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES
- Description: Operates the 24-hour child abuse hotline and investigates reports of abuse to determine if the child's health or safety is at risk. All reports of suspected abuse and neglect should be made by calling the Sacramento County Child Abuse hotline at 916-875-5437. Do not use the email "firstname.lastname@example.org" to report child abuse. Email is not for reporting child abuse. For Mandated Reporters, please make your verbal report first to the Sacramento County Child Abuse Hotline and a password will be provided to complete the required "Suspected Child Abuse Report" online. "Suspected Child Abuse Report" forms are also available online by searching "California SCAR or "SCAR 8572" and can be faxed to (916) 874-4002 after verbal report is made.The Emergency Response Unit Investigates complaints of child abuse and/or neglect Determines the family's need for services Makes referrals to other CPS programs and/or community programs Continues ongoing investigation after removal of a child Initiates Juvenile Court proceedings for the protection of the child Determines if the child can be safely returned home Prepares court reports Maintains a list of CPS Approved Parenting Classes and ResourcesChild Abuse Hotline Number for all California counties.
- Website: http://www.dcfas.saccounty.net/CPS/Pages/Emergency-Response/GI-EmergencyHotLine.aspx
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): (916) 875-0189, (916) 875-5437
- Hours: Seven days a week, 24-hours
- Eligibility: Open. Any person under the age of 18 who is believed to have been harmed or placed at significant risk of harm by their parents, guardians, or other caregivers defined by state statute can receive CPS Services.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- Sacramento United States