Service Name: SACRAMENTO COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION - BLACK INFANT HEALTH PROGRAM
Organization Name: SACRAMENTO COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES - PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION
- Description: Provides support and resources to African American pregnant or parenting women ages 18+ with a child under 3 months old. Services designed to support women through a healthy pregnancy, delivery, and care of their baby.
Click here to sign up for text messages to keep you and your baby healthy.
Additional information can be found at sachealthybaby.com
The support group session will cover the following topics:
- African-American history
- Understanding and managing stress
- Resources and services in the community
- Myth vs. medical facts related to pregnancy
- Nutrition and exercise
- Fetal development/danger signs of early labor
- Parenting styles
- Baby safety
- Postpartum depression and baby blues
- Nurturing touch and impact of bonding
- Intimate relationship issues including improved communication
- Sexual health
- Planning for your future/goal setting
- Website: https://www.dhs.saccounty.net/PUB/Pages/Black-Infant-Health-Program/SP-Black-Infant-Health-Program.aspx
- Phone(s): (916) 244-1900, (916) 927-7694
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Eligibility: Pregnant or parenting African American women ages 18+ with a child under 3 months old.
- Requirements: None.
- Sacramento United States