Service Name: ADULT LITERACY SERVICES - SACRAMENTO PUBLIC LIBRARY
Organization Name: SACRAMENTO PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Description: Provides free one-to-one tutoring for adults in basic reading, writing, and math skills for everyday life or job opportunities. Each adult learner is matched with a trained tutor and meets weekly for tutoring sessions. Staff and tutors help reach personal learning goals by providing: One-on-one, free personalized instruction by trained volunteers Free books and instructional materials to enrolled learners Flexible days and times, including evenings and weekends, and flexible location
- Website: http://www.saclibrary.org/Education/Adult-Education/Adult-Literacy
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): (916) 264-5032
- Hours: Office: Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm;Tutoring: Flexible, to be decided with the tutor. Usually when the library is open, tutoring may occur at another public place
- Eligibility: 18 years of age or older, a Sacramento County resident, able to communicate in English, willing to meet with a tutor weekly, able to maintain appropriate behavior with the tutor and staff, able to keep appointments, and willing to commit to the program for a minimum of six months or until the learner's goals have been met.
- Requirements: No documents required.
- Sacramento United States