Service Name: SMUD - LOW-INCOME WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM
Organization Name: SACRAMENTO MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT
- Description: Weatherization service provided at no cost for income-eligible customers. Services may include attic insulation, window screens, weatherstripping, electric water heater wrap, pipe wrap, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, LED lighting, and some minor home repair to seal air infiltration problems. Customers will receive a free home audit and energy education. Renters are eligible, but the homeowner must authorize work prior to initiation.
- Website: https://www.smud.org/lowincome
- Phone(s): (888) 742-7683, (916) 732-5659
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Eligibility: Low-income customers who qualify for the Energy Assistance Program Rate (EAPR) Effective Feb. 1, 2021.
1-2 persons in household - Monthly income limit $2,903
3 persons in household - Monthly income limit $3,660
4 persons in household - Monthly income limit $4,417
5 persons in household - Monthly income limit $5,173
6 persons in household - Monthly income limit $5,930
Additional members (each) $757
*Households are eligible for the discounted rate if their income doesn't exceed 200 percent of the federal poverty level. These figures reflect that percentage.
*Check online to see if you qualify to apply for the EARP discount using SMUD qualification tool online.
- Requirements: Varies. Call for required documents.
- Sacramento United States