Service Name: Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance - Medi-Cal
Organization Name: Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance
- Description: Provides health care coverage for low-income families and individuals who lack other health insurance and meet specific program requirements. Under the Affordable Care Act, Medi-Cal was expanded to include adults, between the ages of 19 and 65, who meet other eligibility requirements and have income under 138% of the federal poverty level. Apply for Medi-Cal online at www.mybenefitscalwin.org, in person, by phone, or by mail.
To locate a doctor or dentist that accepts Medi-Cal, go online and use the Find a Doctor or Dentist tool or view the Providers and Plans.
Medicare Savings Programs, including Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) and Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) are assistance programs for people who qualify for Medicare and meet certain income and resource (or asset) limits. The QMB program pays the Medicare Part A and Part B premiums, Medicare deductibles and cost-sharing amounts for services covered by Medicare. SLMB program covers Medicare part B premium and additional health expenses for Medi-Cal beneficiaries.
Medi-Cal provides health benefits, including doctor visits, hospital care, immunization, pregnancy-related services, family therapy, and nursing home care. The Affordable Care Act ensures all Medi-Cal health plans offer what are known as Essential Health Benefits (EHB). The comprehensive services include the following categories:
- Outpatient (Ambulatory) services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and Newborn care
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services
- Prescription Drugs
- Programs such as physical and occupational therapy (known as Rehabilitative & Habilitative Services) and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services & chronic disease management
- Children's (Pediatric) services, including oral and vision care.
Please see the DHCS Medi-Cal Benefits page for additional information.
Download the Medi-Cal App for Apple and Android.
- Website: https://www.dha.saccounty.net/benefits/medi-cal/Pages/Medi-Cal.aspx
- Email: DHA-Sac@saccounty.net
- Phone(s): 916-874-3100, 916-874-3100, 916-874-3100, 916-874-3100, 916-874-3100, 916-874-3100, 916-874-3100, 916-874-3100
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Eligibility: Medi-Cal provides health coverage and services for California residents that meet eligibility requirements. For some Medi-Cal programs, eligibility requirements may include property and asset limits.
Medi-Cal provides coverage to a wide range of California residents based on age, disability, income, and citizenship and/or immigration status. Provides no-cost or low-cost health coverage for adults who are aged (65 years or older), blind, disabled, pregnant, or in a long-term facility; for children who are under 21 years of age; or for families with children who receive CalWORKs and/or are deprived of support or care because at least one of their parents is unemployed/underemployed, absent, deceased, or incapacitated.
With the Affordable Care Act, in 2014 Medi-Cal was expanded to include individuals who are ages 19-65 (the new adult group).
Children under 19 and Young Adults under 26 years of age, who meet eligibility requirements, are potentially eligible for Full-Scope Medi-Cal coverage regardless of their immigration status. Other eligibility requirements must be met in order to qualify.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- Sacramento United States
- Mobile Apps
- Medicaid Applications
- Medicaid Fraud Reporting
- Referral to Physicians Accepting Medicaid
- Referral to Dental Practitioners Accepting Medicaid
- Glasses/Contact Lenses
- Medical Equipment Expense Assistance
- Incontinence Supplies
- Eye Screening
- Medicaid Information/Counseling
- Medicaid Planning
- Family Counseling
- Yana Nerdinskaya and Alisa Young, Human Services Program Specialist: Medi-Cal, DHA-Sac@saccounty.net