Service Name: Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency - Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
Organization Name: Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency
- Description: Reduces the amount of Federal income tax paid, thus giving the client more available income to qualify for a mortgage loan and to make monthly mortgage payments. Clients receive a tax credit of 20% of the annual interest paid on the mortgage loan.
Click Mortgage Credit Certificate Program listed under Homebuyer Programs for additional information.
- Website: https://www.shra.org/homebuyer-resources
- Phone(s): (916) 440-1393, (916) 449-1285
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Eligibility: First-time homebuyer (have not owned and occupied a home as a principal residence within the preceding three years) (in federally designated target areas, you do not have to be a first-time homebuyer), able to qualify for a loan to purchase the home, owner-occupied; income and price limitations.
- Requirements: Copy of original Mortgage Credit Certificate, copy of Promissory Note (with Riders or Addendums) on Old Mortgage Loan, copy of Promissory Note (with Riders or Addendums) on New Mortgage Loan, if the old loan was an Adjustable Rate Mortgage, submit a copy of the Truth in Lending Disclosure Statement for the new loan, copy of the payoff statement for the old loan, and a copy of the HUD-1 Settlement Statement from the closing of the new loan.
- Sacramento United States
- Susan Perry, Senior Loan Specialist