Service Name: CHILD CARE SERVICES - CHILD ACTION, INC.
Organization Name: CHILD ACTION, INC.
- Description: Child care resource and referral service for Sacramento County. Also offers subsidies, recruitment and training, parent education and support, as well as a child care eligibility list.
Resources and Referrals
Free childcare information and referrals to licensed childcare centers and family child care homes for parents living and working in Sacramento County. Enhanced referrals for parents of children with special needs as well as resources for providers who care for special needs children. Referrals can be given over the phone or emailed to the client.
Child care subsidies for low-income parents seeking childcare for children under 13, family fees may apply. Parents choose a provider and all or a portion of services are paid for by Child Action. Families can remain subsidized until they exceed state income eligibility or until their child ages out of the program.
Technical assistance (forms, documentation, licensing), ongoing workshops and support for parents and providers, Refugee child care training and licensing assistance, training for providers of special needs children, Play Days (play learning). May provide reimbursement for health and safety training, dependent on funding.
Child Care Eligibility List (CEL)
A list of families needing child care assistance in Sacramento County. Any participating child care program may call a family from the list to offer no or low-cost childcare. Apply online.
Registry of in-home childcare provides (friends or family members of children), tutors, and in-home counselors who have passed a background screening. Assistance is provided with obtaining clearance to become TrustLine list eligible.
- Website: https://www.childaction.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): (800) 822-8490, (916) 361-0511, (916) 369-0191
- Hours: Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 5 pm
- Eligibility: Parents and child care providers.
- Requirements: Varies, contact agency for specific documentation.
- Sacramento United States
- Child Care Provider Training
- Infant and Child Safety Education
- Pre-Employment Background Checks
- Child Care Expense Assistance
- Child Care Provider Recruitment
- Child Care Provider Referrals
- Parenting Helplines
- Children's Play Groups
- Specialized Information and Referral
- Child Care Workers
- Child Care Issues