Service Name: SHHIP - Utility Assistance and Weatherization Program
Organization Name: SELF-HELP HOME IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
- Description: During Coronavirus response, office is open to the public. (Updated 6/29/2020.)
Provides utility assistance and weatherization programs for income-qualified households. Programs include:
- HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) - Utility assistance program that provides a direct payment to utility providers on behalf of the eligible applicant. Utility account assistance includes gas, electric, propane, wood, and oil. Operated by SHHIP and funded by the California State Department of Community Services and Development.
- REACH - Utility assistance program that can assist with up to $300 on one's PG&E bill. Applicants must have a recent unforeseen hardship that is preventing them from being able to pay their bill. Operated by SHHIP and funded by Dollar Energy Fund.
- LIHEAP (Low Income Weatherization Program) - Provides weatherization services such as water heater blankets, caulking, insulation, and weatherization. Eligibility is based on family size and income. Operated by SHHIP and funded by the California State Department of Community Services and Development.
- SHHIP - Heating and cooling repair assistance program that can provide assistance with repairing or replacing faulty or non operating heating and/or air conditioning equipment. Eligibility is based on family size and income.
- Website: https://www.shhip.org
- Phone(s): 877-801-7692
- Hours: Mon 7am - 5pm; Tue 7am - 5pm; Wed 7am - 5pm; Thu 7am - 5pm; (Closed lunch 12noon-1pm)
- Eligibility: Open to households with low income; income limits apply
- Requirements: Current income documents from every income provider in household; Most recent utility bill from each utility provider
- Shasta United States
- Tehama United States