Service Name: General Assistance
Organization Name: MONTEREY COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (MCDSS), COMMUNITY BENEFITS (CB)
- Description: Coronavirus COVID-19 Note: Appointments are available by phone.
Provides temporary financial assistance including help with rent, groceries, and toiletries. Offers travel assistance for returning to a former place of residence. Requires employable recipients to seek work and repay loans.
- Website: https://www.mcdss.co.monterey.ca.us/benefits
- Phone(s): (831) 755-4867, (866) 323-1953
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Monterey County residents without dependent children and experiencing unemployment
- Requirements: Social Security Number, photo identification, proof of address, proof of income, proof of citizenship or immigration status
- Monterey United States