Service Name: HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (HEAP)
Organization Name: NORTH COAST ENERGY SERVICES
- Description: Provides assistance to low-income individuals with home weatherization and utility bill payment. Individuals can qualify once a year to receive assistance. Weatherization services include:
- Heating and gas appliance inspection and repair or replacement
- On-site home inspection to determine energy losses
- Installation of energy conservation and heat loss measures
- Post-work inspection for quality, and safety
- Website: https://www.nces.org
- Phone(s): (707) 463-0303, (707) 463-0637, (800) 233-4480
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Open to low-income individuals in Mendocino County who meet the income guidelines by household size.
*Guidelines can be obtained by contacting the agency*
Households facing shutoff (customer has received 15-day or 48-hour notice) may receive immediate utility bill help at emergency service sites.
- Requirements: Income verification from every adult in the home covering 30 days; current month's electric and gas bills; wood costs if used in the home.
- Mendocino United States