Service Name: WEATHERIZATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP) - PG
Organization Name: PROJECT GO, INC.
- Description: The Weatherization Assistance Program - a program of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program or LIHEAP - provides free weatherization services and products to improve a home's energy efficiency and reduce overall utility costs, including attic insulation, weather-stripping, caulking, minor home repairs and related conservation measures (see below), as applicable within the program guidlines. Products and services provided are based upon the evaluation of cost effectiveness and essential needs. Our weatherization services consist of a full assessment of all weatherization measures that Project GO, Inc. has to offer, including heating and cooling (HCS) services, and refrigerator replacement. The services consist of new clients (households or dwellings not previously weatherized under LIHEAP), recipients of emergency heating and cooling services under ECIP HCS, high energy burden households or households with high energy consumption, households with the lowest incomes, particularly those with household incomes below 75% of the federal poverty guidelines, and households with members of the vulnerable populations. All households can apply, but priority is given to households with higher energy burdens and/or those with vulnerable population numbers. Once accepted into the program, a thorough assessment of the residence is conducted, including carbon monoxide testing. Conservation through weatherization products include: . Attic and floor insulation. Door weather stripping and Caulking. Water conservation devices. Water heater insulation. Water heater repair or replacement. Dual pane/storm window installation. Sunscreens. Heater repair or replacement. Energy-efficient appliances, including. Refrigerators and microwaves ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATIONFor income eligibility and further program information, please call 916-782-3443 between the hours of 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday.This Project GO program serves the entirety of both Nevada and Placer counties.
- Website: http://www.projectgoinc.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): (916) 782-1517, (916) 782-3443, (800) 655-7705
- Hours: Mon 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Tue 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Wed 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Thu 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Fri 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM;
- Eligibility: Applicant must be age 18+. Must qualify as low income to meet qualifications. Utility payment assistance and wood/oil/propane assistance is offered once per year.
- Requirements: Verification of income, most recent utility bill, and a SSN. Application must include every household member. SSN is only asked to be provided for the household member (age 18+) who is completing the application.
- Placer United States
- Nevada United States