Service Name: POISON CONTROL CENTER
Organization Name: VALLEY CHILDREN'S HEALTHCARE
- Description: Valley Children's Hospital is home to the Central California Division of the California Poison Control System.
Pharmacists, physicians, nurses and poison information providers answer calls from throughout the region and provide expert advice and information regarding exposure to potentially harmful substances.
A 24/7 toll-free line that provides treatment advice and referral in case of exposure to poisonous or toxic substances. Provides information, advice, and referrals about the following topics:
- Swallowing poison
- Eye or skin irritation from toxic substances
- Inhalation of noxious fumes or vapors
- Animal, insect, snake and spider bites
- Food or mushroom poisoning
- Drug reactions
- Attempted suicides or drug overdoses
- Pet poisoning exposur
Poison action line is 1-800-222-1222.
- Website: https://www.valleychildrens.org/services/poison-control-center
- Phone(s): (800) 222-1222
- Hours: 24/7 hotline
- Eligibility: Open to all