Service Name: Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income
Organization Name: SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (SSA) - FRESNO COUNTY
- Description: Federal benefit programs that provides assistance to low income seniors and people with disabilities.
- Social Security Disability Insurance pays benefits to individuals and certain members of the family if an individual is insured, meaning that the individual worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) pays benefits based on financial need.
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/disability/
- Phone(s): 800-772-1213
- Hours: Office hours
- Eligibility: Social Security Disability: individual must have worked in jobs covered by Social Security and has a disabling medical condition which prevents the individual from working and is expected to last (or has lasted) for at least 12 months.
Social Security Income (SSI): low-income seniors (age 65 and older), or individuals (under 65) who are blind or disabled.
- Fresno United States