Service Name: WIC - Women, Infants & Children Supplement Food Program - Pittsburg
Organization Name: Contra Costa Health Services
- Description: (WIC) Offers a supplemental nutrition program that helps low income pregnant women, mothers with infants, infants, and young children eat well, be active and stay healthy. Provides checks for families to buy healthy foods. Offers nutrition and breastfeeding support and education, and referrals to other health and community services. Offers a mobile-friendly website at m.wic.ca.gov for clients to find a WIC local agency and WIC grocers.
- Website: http://cchealth.org/services/wic/
- Phone(s): 925-431-2460
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:30pm (closed 12-1pm)
- Eligibility: Low-income pregnant women, families with infants or children under age 5. Foster parents and many working families can qualify for WIC. Citizenship is not required. Receiving WIC will not affect immigration status. Families can receive WIC services and Cal-Fresh at the same time. WIC is not a public charge.
- Requirements: Call toll-free line for list of required documents.
- Contra Costa United States