Service Name: Housing Assistance
Organization Name: CITY OF SAN MATEO COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Description: COVID-19 Status:
Still offering assistance by phone.
Below Market Rate Program (BMR):
Requires developers to provide a fixed number of affordable units in every new housing complex of more than 11 units. City maintains a waitlist for both rental and ownership units, for various income levels.
First Time Homebuyer Program:
Provides financial assistance for purchase of townhouses and condominium units in various locations. City maintains waitlist for units that come up for resale.
Please note that waiting list is currently closed. Not accepting new applications.
- Website: https://www.cityofsanmateo.org/306/Community-Development
- Phone(s): (650) 522-7047, (650) 522-7220
- Hours: Mon 8am - 5pm; Tue 8am - 5pm; Wed 8am - 5pm; Thu 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Priority is given to residents of the city of San Mateo who meet income eligibility requirements.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency.
- San Mateo San Mateo United States
- Sandra B Mitchell, Adm Tech