Service Name: Education and Support Services
Organization Name: NAMI MARIN, INC.
- Description: Note for Coronavirus response period:
All in-person programming remains suspended. Call Helpline during listed hours or visit www.namimarin.org/covid-19-resource-guide for further support.
Offers support groups, education groups, and speaker meetings. Operates a speakers bureau and telephone helpline. Also operates a lending library for individuals and families affected by mental illness. Provides assistance in locating professional resources.
Family-to-Family: a 12-week program to educate and support families of loved ones with mental illness. Provides information about treatment and recovery. Provides coping skills and self-care, crisis management, communication techniques, and other topics.
Family Support Groups: bi-weekly drop-in support groups for families affected by mental illness.
Helpline: answers questions, educates callers, and provides information about mental health resources in the County.
In Our Own Voice: classes for those with mental illness conducted by trained peer facilitators.
Speaker Meetings: public meetings that provide education, resources, and support for families affected by mental illness. The meetings feature mental health professionals, attorneys, program directors, County health representatives, and others.
Speakers Bureau: speakers are available to present to community and other groups. Educates the public about mental health issues and eliminates stigma.
Storytelling Series: features people with lived experience in mental illness, suicide, and substance abuse. Provides a space for compassion, respect, non-judgement, and support.
- Website: https://www.namimarin.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone(s): 415-444-0480, 415-991-5857
- Hours: Mon 1pm - 3pm; Tue 1pm - 3pm; Wed 1pm - 3pm; Thu 1pm - 3pm; Fri 1pm - 3pm; Helpline operates Monday-Friday 1pm-3pm.Family-to-Family course is offered Tuesdays for 12 weeks from 7pm-9:30pm. Call for more information.Support Groups in San Rafael (English and Spanish groups) and Novato offered in the evening. Call for more information.
- Eligibility: Open to individuals affected by mental illness, their families and friends.
- Requirements: None
- Marin United States
- Kelli Finley, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org