Service Name: Pacific Islander Multi-Service Center (PIMSC)
Organization Name: SAMOAN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- Description: Note for Coronavirus response period:
Center is still open from 10am-3pm Monday through Friday. Providing a weekly care package, and continuing to accept new clients. Call with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Offers linguistically and culturally competent programs for individuals and families to become self-sufficient.
Assists with document completion/form filing assistance. Examples include:
- applications for public and affordable housing
- immigration forms
- birth certificates
- court documents, including juvenile cases
Provides with a variety of job assistance services. Services include:
- job application form completion
- resume building
- job interviewing skills preparation
- pre-employment assessment and placement
Administers a summer youth leadership program. Program includes peer mentoring as well as recreational, cultural, and educational activities.
Provides a senior activity center. Services include social and recreational activities, field trips, senior dining, and health information.
- Website: http://samoancommunitysf.org
- Phone(s): 415-841-1086
- Hours: Mon 9am - 6pm; Tue 9am - 6pm; Wed 9am - 6pm; Thu 9am - 6pm; Fri 9am - 6pm; Senior lunch: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday noon-1pm
- Eligibility: Pacific Islander community members
- Requirements: Forms of identification may be required for certificate/forms assistance.
- San Francisco United States
- San Mateo United States
- Congregate Meals/Nutrition Sites
- Academic Counseling
- Case/Care Management
- Comprehensive Job Assistance Centers
- Tutoring Services
- Certificates/Forms Assistance
- Older Adults
- Samoan Community
- Senior Centers
- Ethnic Oriented Multipurpose Centers
- Youth Development
- Parenting Skills Classes
- General Recreational Activities/Sports