Service Name: Greater Napa Valley Fair Housing Center
Organization Name: FAIR HOUSING NAPA VALLEY (FHNV)
- Description: Note for Coronavirus response period:
Physical office is closed. Staff is available to assist housing clients remotely via phone or email.
Offers fair housing education and enforcement services. Works to eliminate housing discrimination and ensure equal opportunities for all.
Accepts complaints and provides counseling. Investigates complaints of discrimination in rentals, sales, and mortgage lending. Discrimination may be based on
- national origin
- disability/medical condition
- marital status
- sexual orientation
- source of income
- family status (presence of children under 18)
- arbitrary reasons
Provides counseling to landlords and tenants regarding specific problems. Educates clients about their rights and responsibilities. Assists both parties to resolve disputes and understand their obligations. Also offers both parties appropriate referrals. Most counseling can be done by phone. Also provides counseling (by appointment only) at community sites in American Canyon, Calistoga, and St Helena.
Offers trainings to agency staff, property owners, managers, and the public. These include workshops and presentations on fair housing rights. Call to arrange a presentation or for workshop scheduling.
Administers a Memorandum of Understanding between mobile home parks and their residents in the City of Napa. Assists in identifying and resolving issues of mutual concern. Also counsels mobile home park tenants and managers about their rights and responsibilities.
- Website: https://www.napafairhousing.org
- Phone(s): (707) 224-9720
- Hours: Mon 9am - 5pm; Tue 9am - 5pm; Wed 9am - 5pm; Thu 9am - 5pm; Fri 9am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Residents of Napa County and the City of Vallejo.
- Requirements: Any documentation related to the complaint being alleged.
- Napa United States
- Vallejo Solano United States