Service Name: VISION LOSS REHABILITATION
Organization Name: VISTA CENTER FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED
- Description: Note for Coronavirus response period:
Services are being provided virtually, as well as in-person by appointment. Call for assistance.
Provides resources, training, referrals, activities and more for the blind and visually impaired. Services include:
- Instruction in adaptive daily living skills
- Hosts discussion and support groups for clients as well as family and friends
- Listening and large print library services available
- Closed circuit TV to magnify written material for easy reading
- Teaches cane travel (mobility)
- Adaptive daily living skills
- Low vision exams
- Outreach services
- Tech Training instruction
General services are available during Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) and disasters.
These services are still available if a power outage occurs in this facility except for low vision exams and lighting evaluation .
- Website: https://www.vistacenter.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone(s): (408) 295-4016, (650) 858-0202, (831) 458-9766
- Hours: Mon 9am - 4pm; Tue 9am - 4pm; Wed 9am - 4pm; Thu 9am - 4pm; Fri 9am - 4pm;
- Eligibility: Individual who is blind or has a visual impairment.
- Requirements: None
- Santa Clara United States
- San Mateo United States
- San Benito United States
- Santa Cruz United States